Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Art Journaling For Beginners:

I have a passion to write my memoir. I have wanted to write it for years. I hope to someday have it published. I knew parts of my book would have 'illustration pages' that I would personally create. These pages would be mixed-media masterpieces full of collage, drawing, painting, poems, photos, etc. One day I discovered something called 'Art Journaling' while searching for various mixed-media techniques to fuel my creative fire. It was JUST what I was looking for!! I have told some people close to me what I was going to start working on as far as art journaling went and they had no clue what I was talking about. Some of the people seemed intrigued with this concept, but they had NO IDEA how to go about starting such endeavors. I decided to post, here on my blog, information about Art Journaling to help you get a feel for what it means to art journal and hopefully get you started on your way!! 

Art Journaling- What does it mean???

"Simply put, art journaling is a journal in which you combine art and words to express yourself. That's it. It's not complex, and there really aren't any rules for art journaling. It's all about self-expression." - - Dina Wakley

Here is a great website that goes into a little more dept about defining art journaling. 

What do Art Journaling pages look like?

There isn't any certain way to create an art journal page, but here is a webpage that has ZILLIONS of (art journaling page) pictures to give you an idea.

Below you will find a YouTube video of someone creating an art journal page. She does use A LOT of layers, but don't let it intimidate you!!
 

What do I need to begin creating???

Here is a website/blog with TONS of art journaling advice for beginners that I thought was VERY helpful!!! 

Blogs I'd recommend to follow:



I hope this helps you get an idea what art journaling is and how YOU can start!! I will be beginning my art journal VERY soon and will post pictures and updates of MY PERSONAL process. Good luck on your art journaling endeavors!!
 

1 comment: